Search for a policy, procedure, order or other resource:
Accreditation 2020 – Renal Programs in Winnipeg
Update May 13, 2019: MRP Winnipeg sites have been asked to participate in an Infection, Prevention & Control SAQ.
Update March 27, 2019: A link to a Self Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ) will be sent out to staff starting April 1, 2019
Step 1: 2017-2019
Step 2: April – May, 2019
Step 3: May 2019 – March 2020 (& ongoing implementation of improvement plans)
Step 4: April 2020
How does this affect you as a renal health-care provider in Winnipeg?
- You will be asked to do an online questionnaire
- We will be sharing relevant information with you throughout the process
- You may be asked questions when an Accreditation Canada Surveyor does a site visit to review our program
What are renal programs in Winnipeg being asked about and measured on?
MRP is being assessed on four identified Required Organization Practices (ROPs) which include specific tests for compliance. They are:
- Infusion pump safety
- Medication reconciliation
- Use of two Client identifiers
- Information transfer at care transitions
To see the full ROP handbook click here.