Click here to access the electronic Kidney Health Record:
Manitoba Renal Program is excited to be working in conjunction with Manitoba eHealth on an Electronic Kidney Health Record. The new system will centralize key information collected as patients receive kidney care in the province. The goal of the system is to allow for more efficient access to patient information which will result in better care.
The MRP WRHA sites are implementing the eKHR beginning in 2012. The planning for Manitoba roll out has begun with implementation scheduled to begin in 2013.
eKHR Hemodialysis Scheduling
- Real time integrated scheduling including electronic display boards
- Patient demographic information and movement readily accessible across
- MRPTiming: This will happen in Stage 1 for WRHA and Stage 3 for Local Centres
eKHR Clinical Functionality
- Paperless chart with integrated lab, medication, imaging and clinical documentation
- Dialysis utilization and transfer waitlist management
- Medication and treatment management
- Interface with Hemodialysis machines
- Timing: This will happen in Stage 2 for WRHA and Stage 3 for Local Centres
eKHR A Powerful Analytics Tool
- Collection of research-quality demographic , laboratory, comorbidity data as a component of routine practice
- Ability to link with CORR, Manitoba Health repository and other provincial registries
- Timing: Once the system is implemented across the MRP
Are you a health-care provider with questions about the Electronic Kidney Health Record?
Look for our “Ask Me” posters and buttons to find your site leads. They, as well as your managers, can answer your questions about eKHR.