February 14, 2016 |
Apple Bars (Printable)
¾ cup unsalted butter
1 cup granulated sugar or Splenda 1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups all-purpose white flour 2 medium apples
½ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons milk
1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Peel and chop
- Cream together ½ cup butter and white sugar or
- Add sour cream, vanilla, baking soda, salt and flour. Stir to mix; add
- Pour batter into a greased 9″X13″ baking
- In a small bowl, crumble 2 tablespoons softened butter, brown sugar and cinnamon together. Sprinkle over top of
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Let cool completely.
- To make icing, combine 2 tablespoons melted butter, milk (or milk substitute) and powdered sugar. Drizzle over top and cut dessert into 18 bars (3″x 2″).
Nutrients per Serving: Calories: 246, Protein: 2 g, Carbohydrates: 35g, Fat: 11g, Cholesterol: 26 mg, Sodium: 140 mg, Potassium: 72 mg, Phosphorus: 27 mg,
Calcium: 22 mg, Fiber: 0.6 g
Helpful Hints: To decrease the sugar content, you can use less sugar, substitute Splenda for the sugar or omit the icing.
Renal and diabetic food choices: ½ low potassium fruit, 1 starch, 2 fat, 1 high calorie
Adapted from Davita.com
May 14, 2021 | News Staff Profiles
Paul John Bejarin is incredibly proud to be a hemodialysis nurse. He works at St. Boniface hospital in the hemodialysis…
May 7, 2021 | News Staff News Staff Profiles
Ruben Medrano has been working in health care in Winnipeg his whole adult life. The 51-year-old started his career early,…
April 21, 2021 | News Staff News
Many in-centre hemodialysis patients in Winnipeg and Brandon were able to receive COVID-19 vaccinations in their dialysis units recently.