August 30, 2019 |
Frittata’s are not just for breakfast! Check out this yummy kidney-friendly recipe you can try for any meal of the day.
Makes 6 Servings
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup Rice Dream Classic® or almond milk
- 1 medium potato, peeled, double boiled
- *see below for cooking instructions
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup asparagus, chopped
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ tsp. Mrs. Dash original spice blend
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- Cook potatoes as directed. *See below for cooking instructions.
- Heat vegetable oil in a medium-size frying pan.
- Add asparagus and red pepper to the pan. Cook and stir until the vegetables are softened.
- Stir in cooked potatoes. Distribute vegetable mixture evenly on the bottom of the frying pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, rice dream or almond milk, basil, salt, and pepper. Pour mixture into the pan over the vegetables.
- Cover and cook over low heat until eggs are set, around 15 minutes.
- In the last 2 minutes of cooking, sprinkle Swiss cheese on top of mixture.
*Double Boiled Potatoes
- Peel and chop potato into small bite-size pieces.
- Place potatoes in a pot of water, bring to a boil.
- Drain off the water, and add a large amount of fresh water.
- Bring the water to a boil again, and cook the potatoes until soft
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Calories: 241 kcal Carbohydrate: 12 g
Protein: 12 g Potassium: 290 mg
Phosphorus: 222 mg Sodium: 240 mg
May 14, 2021 | News Staff Profiles
Paul John Bejarin is incredibly proud to be a hemodialysis nurse. He works at St. Boniface hospital in the hemodialysis…
May 7, 2021 | News Staff News Staff Profiles
Ruben Medrano has been working in health care in Winnipeg his whole adult life. The 51-year-old started his career early,…
April 21, 2021 | News Staff News
Many in-centre hemodialysis patients in Winnipeg and Brandon were able to receive COVID-19 vaccinations in their dialysis units recently.