January 14, 2016 |
Firehouse Chili (Printable)
- 1-1/4 pounds of lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion
- ½ bell pepper
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup Mexican-style stewed tomatoes with jalapeno peppers and spices
- 2 cups spiral macaroni, cooked
- Chop onion and bell
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the ground beef over medium-high heat until brown, stirring to
- Add onion, bell pepper, water, chili powder, sugar, cumin and garlic. Cook for 7 minutes or until onion is
- Stir in the tomatoes (undrained) and bring to a boil. Reduce heat: simmer, partially covered for 1
- Add cooked pasta and cook 15 minutes. Serve
Nutrients per serving: Calories 362 , Protein 26 g, Carbohydrates 30 g, Fat 15 g, Cholesterol 69 mg, Sodium 389 mg, Potassium 559 mg, Phosphorus 205 mg, Calcium
43 mg, Fiber 3.3 g.
Helpful hints: Since this chili has 559 mg potassium it is important not to exceed the 1-1/2 cup portion size. To complete your meal you may want to include low sodium crackers, a roll or slice of bread.
Renal and diabetic food choices: 3 meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable medium potassium Adapted from www.davita.com
November 26, 2020 | News Recipes
A classic favourite but tweaked to be a bit better for people living with kidney disease or kidney failure. It…
November 3, 2020 | News Staff News
We want to thank all of our patients who are helping to keep our dialysis units as safe as possible….
October 10, 2020 | News Staff News
Interested in learning more about peritoneal dialysis? Manitoba Renal Program is hosting three educational events for health-care providers in Manitoba.