Chronic Kidney Disease Stages
- CKD staging is now based on eGFR and albuminuria.
- GFR stages go from G1 to G5 and albuminuria stages go from A1 to A3.
- As seen in this heat map, patients with lower GFR and high albuminuria are more at risk for kidney disease, cardiovascular events and mortality.
- In particular, patients in red and some patients in the orange and yellow may benefit from nephrology referral.
- Use our Kidney Disease Referral Pathway for more information.
- Download the PDF
More information on primary and nephrology care for Stages 1 – 5: