December 14, 2016 |
Holiday Morning French Toast
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 large tart apples
- 1/2 cup dried, sweetened cranberries
- 1 pound loaf Italian bread
- 6 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups rice milk, unenriched
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Peel, core and thinly slice or chop apples.
- In a 13” x 9” baking dish, combine brown sugar, melted butter and one teaspoon of the cinnamon. Add apples and cranberries; toss well to coat.
- Spread apple mixture evenly over bottom of the baking dish.
- Cut bread into 3/4” slices and arrange on top of apples.
- Mix eggs, rice milk, vanilla and remaining 2 teaspoons cinnamon until well blended. Pour mixture over bread, soaking bread completely. Cover and refrigerate 4 to 24 hours.
- Bake covered with foil for 30 minutes. Uncover dish and bake 15 minutes or until top starts to brown.
- Remove dish from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into 9 servings.
- Serve warm. Dust top with powdered sugar before serving.
Makes 9 servings
Serving size: 3” x 4” piece
Nutrients per Serving:
Calories 432 Protein 9 g Carbs 63 g Fat 16 g Cholesterol 151 mg Sodium 380 mg Potassium 210 mg Phosphorus 136 mg Calcium 93 mg Fiber 3.1 g
Reference: DaVita Recipes for Breakfast and Brunch, www.davita.com
May 14, 2021 | News Staff Profiles
Paul John Bejarin is incredibly proud to be a hemodialysis nurse. He works at St. Boniface hospital in the hemodialysis…
May 7, 2021 | News Staff News Staff Profiles
Ruben Medrano has been working in health care in Winnipeg his whole adult life. The 51-year-old started his career early,…
April 21, 2021 | News Staff News
Many in-centre hemodialysis patients in Winnipeg and Brandon were able to receive COVID-19 vaccinations in their dialysis units recently.