October 2023 |
Servings: makes 2 servings
For the tofu:
- 1 package extra-firm tofu, drained, rinsed, and pressed
- 1 tsp cooking oil
For the dressing:
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup fresh dill weed, large stems removed & roughly chopped
- pepper, to taste
- Rinse and press the tofu for about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the lemon dill dressing in a processor
- Preheat a large skillet over high heat and add a teaspoon of oil. Meanwhile, chop up the tofu into small, thin squares.
- When the skillet is HOT (the tofu should sizzle when placed on it), add the tofu (being careful not to let the pieces touch too much or they will stick) and cook on high heat for 6 minutes or so, flip, and cook for another 6-8 minutes, reducing heat if necessary to avoid burning.
- When tofu is golden brown on each side, remove from heat. Pour dressing into a medium-sized bowl and add the cooked tofu and stir well until coated.
Serve immediately on its own, in a wrap, on a salad, or over grains and vegetables.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Protein: 9.1 g
Carbohydrate: 8.7 g
Potassium: 240 mg
Phosphorus: 244 mg
Sodium: 31 mg
Adapted from Oh She Glows
November 2023 | News Patient News Uncategorized
In 2022, we surveyed in-centre hemodialysis patients across 20 dialysis locations to find out how they felt about their care….
September 2023 | News Patient News Recipes Uncategorized
(Filipino Pineapple Chicken) Servings: makes 6 servings (approx 1 cup per serving) Ingredients 1 lb Boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut…