The Lean Keen Kidney Machines Program
Join fitness experts and other people who live with kidney disease in an introductory education and exercise class.
Why be more physically active? Some benefits include:
- More energy to do daily activities
- Improved energy, mood & quality of life
- Improved muscle strength & endurance
- Increased exercise tolerance
- Improved flexibility
In particular, people with chronic kidney disease can see improvements in:
- Blood pressure
- Bone density and strength
- Blood sugar levels
- Quality of dialysis
What is is?
This free program for renal patients is designed to help you incorporate safe physical activity into your lifestyle and give you the tools to continue with physical activity after the program ends.
The 10-week program features weekly two hour exercise and education classes which include topics like healthy nutrition, goal setting and understanding chronic kidney disease.
This program is available throughout the week at the following sites:
- Wellness Institute – 1075 Leila Avenue
- Reh-fit Centre – 1390 Taylor Avenue
To register for Lean Keen Kidney Machines, call Krista at (204) 631-3039.
WINTER 2020 SESSIONS
Wellness Institute – 1075 Leila Ave.
Tuesdays & Fridays: Starting February 18 – 1:00 – 2:30pm
Reh-Fit Centre – 1390 Taylor Ave.
Wednesdays: Jan 15 – April 1, 12:30 to 2:30pm
- **Tuesdays: Jan 14–March 31, 1:00–2:30pm @ Reh-Fit Centre
- **Fridays: Jan 17–April 3, 1:00–2:30pm @ Reh-Fit Centre
**Exercise Only Classes**