Join fitness experts and people who live with kidney disease in a three-phase program to help you become more active.
KidneyFit combines exercise and education for people in all stages of chronic kidney disease.
Start the program with hands-on guidance and supports to help you Get Active, Be Active and Stay active. These free classes will empower you to take the lead in your health. Let the KidneyFit team help you become educated, confident, and independent exercisers.
Want more information? Contact Krista Stewart, Fitness and Wellness Coordinator at email@example.com.
Please note KidneyFit was formerly called Lean Keen Kidney Machines (LKKM).
Phase 1 – Get Active
GET ACTIVE as you join other people who live with kidney disease and learn how to safely exercise. Phase one of the program is 1.5-2 hours of hands-on guidance and runs once a week for nine weeks. In addition to guided exercise, you will gain a deeper understanding about kidney disease, nutrition and medications.
Phase 2 – Be Active
This next nine weeks supports you in your health journey as you continue to BE ACTIVE. You will continue to build your confidence in the gym and at home with help from fitness experts while enjoying cardio, weights, balance and stretching exercises.
Phase 3 – Stay Active
Enter the last nine weeks of the program empowered and ready to exercise on your own! With a fitness instructor there for support, you will continue to incorporate physical activity in your life as you STAY ACTIVE during and after graduating the program as an independent exerciser.
Who should try KidneyFit?
- Patients in a renal/kidney program in Manitoba
- Patients living in or near Winnipeg (can travel to class)
- Patients interested in getting more physically active
- Patients interested in meeting like-minded people and having fun
- Patients with doctor/nephrologist approval to proceed with exercise
- Learn more about CKD
- Learn safe and fun ways to exercise
- Gain the physical benefits of exercise
- Graduate with better knowledge surrounding CKD and exercise
Locations & Registration
- Wellness Institute – 1075 Leila Avenue
- Reh-fit Centre – 1390 Taylor Avenue