Kids & Kidney Disease
All renal and dialysis care for children happens at the Children’s Hospital at Health Sciences Centre. Pediatric nephrology is its own program and once children turn 18 they are then transitioned to the Manitoba Renal Program.
Children’s Hospital houses an in-centre hemodialysis dialysis unit for kids of the third floor of the hospital. There is also support for peritoneal dialysis for kids.
- Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – Renal Transplant Clinic
- Tuesdays, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.– Renal Dialysis
- Thursdays, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. – General Clinic
- In this clinic, care is provided for children with kidney disease.
Children’s transplants are faciliated by the Transplant Manitoba-Pediatric Kidney Program.
- Kidney Twins – educational resource for kids and families entering into a kidney program