People with chronic kidney disease often take a variety of medications to help manage their disease.
If patients have concerns about their medications, they should always talk to their doctor and/or pharmacist. Please note, the information provided on this website is designed to help you understand how the medications you are taking work, possible side effects and precautions. It is not a substitute for talking to your doctor or pharmacist.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you:
- Are having side effects
- Forget to take your medications
- Do not know why you are taking a medication
- Think your medication is not working
- Run out of your medication
- Have changes to your medications from another doctor
Every time you come to clinic, please bring:
- All of your medications
- Any over-the-counter drugs
- Herbals and vitamins
- An updated medication list