August 6, 2019 |
*Paksiw na Bangus is a Filipino comfort food. It is usually eaten with rice. You can use other kinds of fish like haddock or basa fillet in place of milk fish as alternate.
Yield: 8 servings
2 pieces Milkfish, cleaned and cut into serving slices
3 thumbs Ginger root, sliced thinly
5 cloves Garlic, crushed
1 cup White vinegar
2 cups Water
1 piece Onion, sliced
1 piece Eggplant, sliced
10 pieces Okra
1 teaspoon Whole peppercorns
Ground pepper to taste
Optional: 2 pieces green chili peppers
- Arrange ginger, garlic, okra, onion, peppercorn, eggplant and green chili peppers on the pot.
- Top with bangus/ milkfish slices.
- Pour water and vinegar. Apply heat and let boil. Cover and continue to cook in low to medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add ground pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!
1 serving = 3 protein choices and 1 medium potassium vegetable choice
Nutrition facts per serving:
Calories 185 Protein 23g Potassium 397mg Phosphate 192mg Sodium 81g
May 14, 2021 | News Staff Profiles
Paul John Bejarin is incredibly proud to be a hemodialysis nurse. He works at St. Boniface hospital in the hemodialysis…
May 7, 2021 | News Staff News Staff Profiles
Ruben Medrano has been working in health care in Winnipeg his whole adult life. The 51-year-old started his career early,…
April 21, 2021 | News Staff News
Many in-centre hemodialysis patients in Winnipeg and Brandon were able to receive COVID-19 vaccinations in their dialysis units recently.