August 6, 2019 |
*Paksiw na Bangus is a Filipino comfort food. It is usually eaten with rice. You can use other kinds of fish like haddock or basa fillet in place of milk fish as alternate.
Yield: 8 servings
2 pieces Milkfish, cleaned and cut into serving slices
3 thumbs Ginger root, sliced thinly
5 cloves Garlic, crushed
1 cup White vinegar
2 cups Water
1 piece Onion, sliced
1 piece Eggplant, sliced
10 pieces Okra
1 teaspoon Whole peppercorns
Ground pepper to taste
Optional: 2 pieces green chili peppers
- Arrange ginger, garlic, okra, onion, peppercorn, eggplant and green chili peppers on the pot.
- Top with bangus/ milkfish slices.
- Pour water and vinegar. Apply heat and let boil. Cover and continue to cook in low to medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add ground pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!
1 serving = 3 protein choices and 1 medium potassium vegetable choice
Nutrition facts per serving:
Calories 185 Protein 23g Potassium 397mg Phosphate 192mg Sodium 81g
November 26, 2020 | News Recipes
A classic favourite but tweaked to be a bit better for people living with kidney disease or kidney failure. It…
November 3, 2020 | News Staff News
We want to thank all of our patients who are helping to keep our dialysis units as safe as possible….
October 10, 2020 | News Staff News
Interested in learning more about peritoneal dialysis? Manitoba Renal Program is hosting three educational events for health-care providers in Manitoba.