September 1, 2020 |
Makes 2 loaves of 10 slices each- total of 20 portions. Each slice is approximately ¾ inches thick
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 2- 9ʺ x 5ʺ loaf pans.
- Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Combine eggs, sugar, pumpkin puree and oil in a small mixing bowl. Beat until blended.
- Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture. Stir until just moistened and then fold in cranberries.
- Divide batter equally between the 2 loaf pans. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove pans from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Remove loaves from pans and cool on a wire rack before slicing each loaf into 10 slices.
You can find pumpkin pie spice in the spice section of most grocery stores. However if you can’t find it you can substitute 1 tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp ground ginger, ¼ tsp nutmeg and ¼ tsp allspice in this recipe.
Pumpkin is high in potassium. The amount contained in this recipe, in the portions suggested is safe to have when following a low potassium diet.
Recipe adapted from Davita.com
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Calories: 187 kcal
Protein: 2 g
Carbohydrate: 31 g
Potassium: 69 mg
Phosphorus: 75 mg
Sodium: 45 mg
May 14, 2021 | News Staff Profiles
Paul John Bejarin is incredibly proud to be a hemodialysis nurse. He works at St. Boniface hospital in the hemodialysis…
May 7, 2021 | News Staff News Staff Profiles
Ruben Medrano has been working in health care in Winnipeg his whole adult life. The 51-year-old started his career early,…
April 21, 2021 | News Staff News
Many in-centre hemodialysis patients in Winnipeg and Brandon were able to receive COVID-19 vaccinations in their dialysis units recently.