September 1, 2020 |
Makes 2 loaves of 10 slices each- total of 20 portions. Each slice is approximately ¾ inches thick
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 2- 9ʺ x 5ʺ loaf pans.
- Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Combine eggs, sugar, pumpkin puree and oil in a small mixing bowl. Beat until blended.
- Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture. Stir until just moistened and then fold in cranberries.
- Divide batter equally between the 2 loaf pans. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove pans from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Remove loaves from pans and cool on a wire rack before slicing each loaf into 10 slices.
You can find pumpkin pie spice in the spice section of most grocery stores. However if you can’t find it you can substitute 1 tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp ground ginger, ¼ tsp nutmeg and ¼ tsp allspice in this recipe.
Pumpkin is high in potassium. The amount contained in this recipe, in the portions suggested is safe to have when following a low potassium diet.
Recipe adapted from Davita.com
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Calories: 187 kcal
Protein: 2 g
Carbohydrate: 31 g
Potassium: 69 mg
Phosphorus: 75 mg
Sodium: 45 mg
December 4, 2020 | News Patient News
This information may be relevant for St. Boniface Hospital (SBH) and Seven Oaks General Hospital (SOGH) kidney/dialysis patients who use…
December 3, 2020 | News Staff News
Newly released national data shows Manitoba leads the country in rates of end-stage kidney disease (ESKD). The December 2020 Canadian…