August 11, 2018 |
Makes 16 portions (1 portion = 1 patty)
Ground pork, lean 2 lbs (900g)
Sugar, white 1 tsp (5ml)
Sage, ground ½ tsp (3ml)
Marjoram, ground ½ tsp (3ml)
Black pepper ½ tsp (3ml)
Lemon juice ½ tsp (3ml)
Paprika 1/8 tsp (pinch)
- Choose from the seasoning option listed in the ingredient list or select one from
“Tips” box. Combine ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Cover the mixture and let set in the refrigerator overnight. (If you plan to freeze the sausage patties to cook later, skip this step).
- Shape the mixture into 2oz (60g) patties. The recipe makes 16 patties in total. (To freeze the patties, put wax paper between them and place in a sealed freezer container or bag).
- Spray frying pan with non-stick cooking spray. Heat pan over medium
- Cook both sides of the pattie until crispy and
Tips: Alternate seasoning options:
1) Mix ground pork with ¾ tsp black pepper, ½ tsp dried thyme, 1 ½ tsp dried sage, ¾ tsp sugar,
½ tsp cumin and ½ tsp crushed red pepper. Add a dash of Tabasco sauce.
2) Mix ground pork with 1 tsp fennel seed, ¼ tsp black pepper, ¼ tsp ground allspice, ½ tsp caraway seeds and ½ tsp dried marjoram.
Reference: Recipe adapted from Kidney Friendly cooking, CAND.
Nutrition Facts per portion:
6.1 grams of protein
34 milligrams of sodium 158 milligrams of potassium
94 milligrams of phosphorus
November 26, 2020 | News Recipes
A classic favourite but tweaked to be a bit better for people living with kidney disease or kidney failure. It…
November 3, 2020 | News Staff News
We want to thank all of our patients who are helping to keep our dialysis units as safe as possible….
October 10, 2020 | News Staff News
Interested in learning more about peritoneal dialysis? Manitoba Renal Program is hosting three educational events for health-care providers in Manitoba.