April 14, 2017 |
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low- sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup rice milk, unenriched
Method Preheat oven to 350 F
- Arrange chicken breasts in a single layer in a 9” x 13” (or larger) baking dish, adding pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, sauté apple, onion and garlic in butter over a medium heat until tender.
- Add curry powder and basil; mix well, and sauté for another minute.
- Stir in flour, and continue to cook one minute longer.
- Add chicken broth and rice milk, stirring well. Remove from heat.
- Pour sauce mixture over chicken breasts; bake for 50 – 60 minutes, or until chicken is done.
Renal and renal diabetic food choices: 4 meat; ½ starch; 1/4 fruit, low potassium Yield = 8 servings, (1 chicken breast per serving)
May 14, 2021 | News Staff Profiles
Paul John Bejarin is incredibly proud to be a hemodialysis nurse. He works at St. Boniface hospital in the hemodialysis…
May 7, 2021 | News Staff News Staff Profiles
Ruben Medrano has been working in health care in Winnipeg his whole adult life. The 51-year-old started his career early,…
April 21, 2021 | News Staff News
Many in-centre hemodialysis patients in Winnipeg and Brandon were able to receive COVID-19 vaccinations in their dialysis units recently.