April 14, 2017 |
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low- sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup rice milk, unenriched
Method Preheat oven to 350 F
- Arrange chicken breasts in a single layer in a 9” x 13” (or larger) baking dish, adding pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, sauté apple, onion and garlic in butter over a medium heat until tender.
- Add curry powder and basil; mix well, and sauté for another minute.
- Stir in flour, and continue to cook one minute longer.
- Add chicken broth and rice milk, stirring well. Remove from heat.
- Pour sauce mixture over chicken breasts; bake for 50 – 60 minutes, or until chicken is done.
Renal and renal diabetic food choices: 4 meat; ½ starch; 1/4 fruit, low potassium Yield = 8 servings, (1 chicken breast per serving)
November 26, 2020 | News Recipes
A classic favourite but tweaked to be a bit better for people living with kidney disease or kidney failure. It…
November 3, 2020 | News Staff News
We want to thank all of our patients who are helping to keep our dialysis units as safe as possible….
October 10, 2020 | News Staff News
Interested in learning more about peritoneal dialysis? Manitoba Renal Program is hosting three educational events for health-care providers in Manitoba.