January 17, 2019 |
1 medium eggplant
1 cup 1% low fat milk or low potassium milk alternative (Almond Milk, Rice Dream Original)
2 large eggs
¾ cup cornstarch
¾ cup dry unseasoned bread crumbs
3 teaspoons dry Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix
1 teaspoon Tabasco hot sauce (Optional)
½ cup canola oil
1) Peel and slice eggplant into ¾ inch sticks, 4 inches long. Rinse and pat dry.
2) In a medium bowl, mix milk and eggs until well blended; stir in hot sauce.
3) In a wide, shallow bowl, combine cornstarch, bread crumbs, and dry Ranch salad dressing mix.
4) Heat oil in frying pan on high heat.
5) Dip eggplant sticks into egg mixture and then roll each piece in bread crumb mixture.
6) Place in oil, flipping regularly and fry 3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings, each serving 7-8 pieces
Nutrition: Calories-233, Protein- 5g, Carbohydrates- 24 g, Fat- 13 g, Cholesterol- 48 mg, Sodium- 212 mg, Potassium- 215 mg, Phosphorus- 86 mg, Calcium 70 mg, Fiber- 2.1 g
Other herbs or spices can be used if you don’t have the Hidden Valley dressing mix. French Fries made from potatoes are much higher in potassium than these French Fries made with Eggplant.
Adapted from Davita.com
May 14, 2021 | News Staff Profiles
Paul John Bejarin is incredibly proud to be a hemodialysis nurse. He works at St. Boniface hospital in the hemodialysis…
May 7, 2021 | News Staff News Staff Profiles
Ruben Medrano has been working in health care in Winnipeg his whole adult life. The 51-year-old started his career early,…
April 21, 2021 | News Staff News
Many in-centre hemodialysis patients in Winnipeg and Brandon were able to receive COVID-19 vaccinations in their dialysis units recently.