January 17, 2019 |
1 medium eggplant
1 cup 1% low fat milk or low potassium milk alternative (Almond Milk, Rice Dream Original)
2 large eggs
¾ cup cornstarch
¾ cup dry unseasoned bread crumbs
3 teaspoons dry Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix
1 teaspoon Tabasco hot sauce (Optional)
½ cup canola oil
1) Peel and slice eggplant into ¾ inch sticks, 4 inches long. Rinse and pat dry.
2) In a medium bowl, mix milk and eggs until well blended; stir in hot sauce.
3) In a wide, shallow bowl, combine cornstarch, bread crumbs, and dry Ranch salad dressing mix.
4) Heat oil in frying pan on high heat.
5) Dip eggplant sticks into egg mixture and then roll each piece in bread crumb mixture.
6) Place in oil, flipping regularly and fry 3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings, each serving 7-8 pieces
Nutrition: Calories-233, Protein- 5g, Carbohydrates- 24 g, Fat- 13 g, Cholesterol- 48 mg, Sodium- 212 mg, Potassium- 215 mg, Phosphorus- 86 mg, Calcium 70 mg, Fiber- 2.1 g
Other herbs or spices can be used if you don’t have the Hidden Valley dressing mix. French Fries made from potatoes are much higher in potassium than these French Fries made with Eggplant.
Adapted from Davita.com
November 26, 2020 | News Recipes
A classic favourite but tweaked to be a bit better for people living with kidney disease or kidney failure. It…
November 3, 2020 | News Staff News
We want to thank all of our patients who are helping to keep our dialysis units as safe as possible….
October 10, 2020 | News Staff News
Interested in learning more about peritoneal dialysis? Manitoba Renal Program is hosting three educational events for health-care providers in Manitoba.