November 11, 2018 |
A version of this classic dish that is designed for people living with kidney disease. This recipe makes four to six servings.
- 8 chicken thighs (skin and visible fat removed)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ cup white wine
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried Greek oregano
- 1 – 2 tbsp. canola oil (for skillet)
- Add the chicken thighs, olive oil, lemon juice and wine to a glass bowl. Add the onion powder, garlic powder, dried basil, oregano, and pepper.
- Toss everything together until combined and the chicken is evenly coated in the marinade.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- After the chicken has marinated, remove it from the fridge. Preheat and grease your grill or skillet with canola oil.
- Discard the marinade and cook the chicken on low heat for about 8 – 9 minutes on the first side or until the chicken has browned nicely. Don’t overcrowd your skillet or grill as this will prevent the browning process, and that’s where all the flavour is!
- Turn the chicken and brown on the other side until it has browned completely and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165⁰F (75⁰C), about 4 – 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the grill or skillet; let it rest for about 5 minutes, then serve.
Nutrient Facts (per serving)
Calories: 178 kcal Protein: 22 g
Carbohydrate: 1 g Potassium: 229 mg
Phosphorus: 154 mg Sodium: 78 mg
Source: Printed with permission from BusyBaker.ca
May 14, 2021 | News Staff Profiles
Paul John Bejarin is incredibly proud to be a hemodialysis nurse. He works at St. Boniface hospital in the hemodialysis…
May 7, 2021 | News Staff News Staff Profiles
Ruben Medrano has been working in health care in Winnipeg his whole adult life. The 51-year-old started his career early,…
April 21, 2021 | News Staff News
Many in-centre hemodialysis patients in Winnipeg and Brandon were able to receive COVID-19 vaccinations in their dialysis units recently.