November 11, 2018 |
A version of this classic dish that is designed for people living with kidney disease. This recipe makes four to six servings.
- 8 chicken thighs (skin and visible fat removed)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ cup white wine
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried Greek oregano
- 1 – 2 tbsp. canola oil (for skillet)
- Add the chicken thighs, olive oil, lemon juice and wine to a glass bowl. Add the onion powder, garlic powder, dried basil, oregano, and pepper.
- Toss everything together until combined and the chicken is evenly coated in the marinade.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- After the chicken has marinated, remove it from the fridge. Preheat and grease your grill or skillet with canola oil.
- Discard the marinade and cook the chicken on low heat for about 8 – 9 minutes on the first side or until the chicken has browned nicely. Don’t overcrowd your skillet or grill as this will prevent the browning process, and that’s where all the flavour is!
- Turn the chicken and brown on the other side until it has browned completely and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165⁰F (75⁰C), about 4 – 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the grill or skillet; let it rest for about 5 minutes, then serve.
Nutrient Facts (per serving)
Calories: 178 kcal Protein: 22 g
Carbohydrate: 1 g Potassium: 229 mg
Phosphorus: 154 mg Sodium: 78 mg
Source: Printed with permission from BusyBaker.ca
November 26, 2020 | News Recipes
A classic favourite but tweaked to be a bit better for people living with kidney disease or kidney failure. It…
November 3, 2020 | News Staff News
We want to thank all of our patients who are helping to keep our dialysis units as safe as possible….
October 10, 2020 | News Staff News
Interested in learning more about peritoneal dialysis? Manitoba Renal Program is hosting three educational events for health-care providers in Manitoba.