November 2018 |
A version of this classic dish that is designed for people living with kidney disease. This recipe makes four to six servings.
- 8 chicken thighs (skin and visible fat removed)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ cup white wine
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried Greek oregano
- 1 – 2 tbsp. canola oil (for skillet)
- Add the chicken thighs, olive oil, lemon juice and wine to a glass bowl. Add the onion powder, garlic powder, dried basil, oregano, and pepper.
- Toss everything together until combined and the chicken is evenly coated in the marinade.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- After the chicken has marinated, remove it from the fridge. Preheat and grease your grill or skillet with canola oil.
- Discard the marinade and cook the chicken on low heat for about 8 – 9 minutes on the first side or until the chicken has browned nicely. Don’t overcrowd your skillet or grill as this will prevent the browning process, and that’s where all the flavour is!
- Turn the chicken and brown on the other side until it has browned completely and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165⁰F (75⁰C), about 4 – 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the grill or skillet; let it rest for about 5 minutes, then serve.
Nutrient Facts (per serving)
Calories: 178 kcal Protein: 22 g
Carbohydrate: 1 g Potassium: 229 mg
Phosphorus: 154 mg Sodium: 78 mg
Source: Printed with permission from BusyBaker.ca
July 2022 | News Nutrition Articles Patient News Staff News
Eating healthy and balancing the right nutrients can sometimes feel like a circus act. Manitoba Renal Program dietitians are here…
June 2022 | News Patient News Staff News
Fourth COVID-19 Dose Recommendations A fourth dose of COVID-19 vaccine is available and recommended for some Manitobans to strengthen their…