June 28, 2019 |
Cucumber, English, long 2
Onion, White, medium 1
Garlic 2 cloves
Water ¾ cup
White Vinegar ¾ cup
White Sugar ½ cup
Oil, vegetable 1 tbsp
Dill, dried 1 tsp
1. Peel and thinly slice cucumber.
2. Peel and thinly slice onion.
3. Peel garlic and cut each clove in half.
4. Place all vegetables in a bowl.
5. In a small pot, mix water, vinegar and sugar. Bring to a boil and
simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Pour mixture over vegetables in bowl. Cover and let cool.
7. When cool, pour vegetables and liquid into 1 or 2 jars with lids.
8. Refrigerate. Pickles will keep 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
*1/4 cup pickles = ½ a low potassium vegetable choice
December 4, 2020 | News Patient News
This information may be relevant for St. Boniface Hospital (SBH) and Seven Oaks General Hospital (SOGH) kidney/dialysis patients who use…
December 3, 2020 | News Staff News
Newly released national data shows Manitoba leads the country in rates of end-stage kidney disease (ESKD). The December 2020 Canadian…