June 2019 |
Cucumber, English, long 2
Onion, White, medium 1
Garlic 2 cloves
Water ¾ cup
White Vinegar ¾ cup
White Sugar ½ cup
Oil, vegetable 1 tbsp
Dill, dried 1 tsp
1. Peel and thinly slice cucumber.
2. Peel and thinly slice onion.
3. Peel garlic and cut each clove in half.
4. Place all vegetables in a bowl.
5. In a small pot, mix water, vinegar and sugar. Bring to a boil and
simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Pour mixture over vegetables in bowl. Cover and let cool.
7. When cool, pour vegetables and liquid into 1 or 2 jars with lids.
8. Refrigerate. Pickles will keep 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
*1/4 cup pickles = ½ a low potassium vegetable choice
July 2022 | News Nutrition Articles Patient News Staff News
Eating healthy and balancing the right nutrients can sometimes feel like a circus act. Manitoba Renal Program dietitians are here…
June 2022 | News Patient News Staff News
Fourth COVID-19 Dose Recommendations A fourth dose of COVID-19 vaccine is available and recommended for some Manitobans to strengthen their…