April 9, 2019 |
Servings: 10, Serving size: 4 ounces
- 1 boneless leg of lamb, well trimmed, rolled and tied (about 4-1/2 pounds)
- 2 Tbsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Leave butter out at room temperature to soften.
- Lightly trim the fat from the lamb.
- Chop rosemary and mince the garlic.
- Blend the oregano, rosemary, garlic and pepper and half the soft butter or margarine together in a small bowl.
- Make slits into the leg of lamb with a sharp knife and stuff the butter mixture into the slits.
- Spread the remaining mixture over the lamb.
- Mix lemon juice with remaining butter mixture and pour over lamb.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes for each pound.
- After an hour, remove the lid, add the water to the drippings in the pan and baste often until the meat is well browned and tender.
Uncover during the last half hour of cooking for a crisp skin.
November 26, 2020 | News Recipes
A classic favourite but tweaked to be a bit better for people living with kidney disease or kidney failure. It…
November 3, 2020 | News Staff News
We want to thank all of our patients who are helping to keep our dialysis units as safe as possible….
October 10, 2020 | News Staff News
Interested in learning more about peritoneal dialysis? Manitoba Renal Program is hosting three educational events for health-care providers in Manitoba.