April 9, 2019 |
Servings: 10, Serving size: 4 ounces
- 1 boneless leg of lamb, well trimmed, rolled and tied (about 4-1/2 pounds)
- 2 Tbsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Leave butter out at room temperature to soften.
- Lightly trim the fat from the lamb.
- Chop rosemary and mince the garlic.
- Blend the oregano, rosemary, garlic and pepper and half the soft butter or margarine together in a small bowl.
- Make slits into the leg of lamb with a sharp knife and stuff the butter mixture into the slits.
- Spread the remaining mixture over the lamb.
- Mix lemon juice with remaining butter mixture and pour over lamb.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes for each pound.
- After an hour, remove the lid, add the water to the drippings in the pan and baste often until the meat is well browned and tender.
Uncover during the last half hour of cooking for a crisp skin.
May 14, 2021 | News Staff Profiles
Paul John Bejarin is incredibly proud to be a hemodialysis nurse. He works at St. Boniface hospital in the hemodialysis…
May 7, 2021 | News Staff News Staff Profiles
Ruben Medrano has been working in health care in Winnipeg his whole adult life. The 51-year-old started his career early,…
April 21, 2021 | News Staff News
Many in-centre hemodialysis patients in Winnipeg and Brandon were able to receive COVID-19 vaccinations in their dialysis units recently.