May 14, 2017 |
- 4 pounds pork shoulder or butt roast
- 2Tbsp paprika
- 2Tbsp brown sugar
- 1tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 1tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup water
- Mix together the dry spices and rub into all sides of the pork.
- Place vinegar and water in the bottom of slow cooker. Carefully add pork without washing off spices.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove pork and shred with two forks, discarding any large fatty pieces.
- Add juices from slow cooker as desired.
- Serve on buns, with rice or in tacos.
Yield =12 servings
Nutrients per serving: 285 Calories, 20g Protein, 3g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 21g Fat, 159mg Sodium, 322mg Potassium, 203mg Phosphorus
November 26, 2020 | News Recipes
A classic favourite but tweaked to be a bit better for people living with kidney disease or kidney failure. It…
November 3, 2020 | News Staff News
We want to thank all of our patients who are helping to keep our dialysis units as safe as possible….
October 10, 2020 | News Staff News
Interested in learning more about peritoneal dialysis? Manitoba Renal Program is hosting three educational events for health-care providers in Manitoba.