May 14, 2017 |
- 4 pounds pork shoulder or butt roast
- 2Tbsp paprika
- 2Tbsp brown sugar
- 1tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 1tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup water
- Mix together the dry spices and rub into all sides of the pork.
- Place vinegar and water in the bottom of slow cooker. Carefully add pork without washing off spices.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove pork and shred with two forks, discarding any large fatty pieces.
- Add juices from slow cooker as desired.
- Serve on buns, with rice or in tacos.
Yield =12 servings
Nutrients per serving: 285 Calories, 20g Protein, 3g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 21g Fat, 159mg Sodium, 322mg Potassium, 203mg Phosphorus
May 14, 2021 | News Staff Profiles
Paul John Bejarin is incredibly proud to be a hemodialysis nurse. He works at St. Boniface hospital in the hemodialysis…
May 7, 2021 | News Staff News Staff Profiles
Ruben Medrano has been working in health care in Winnipeg his whole adult life. The 51-year-old started his career early,…
April 21, 2021 | News Staff News
Many in-centre hemodialysis patients in Winnipeg and Brandon were able to receive COVID-19 vaccinations in their dialysis units recently.